Getting your worship songs into MultiTrack format
We are now being regularly asked if it is possible to put specific worship songs into the MultiTrack format. Now if the song in question is in the CCLI top 100 then its likely that we will get to recording it soon anyway. If, however, you have a more obscure request, or a song of your own that you would like MultiTracked then you can commission us to produce it for you.
If you already have a good quality recording of the song (recorded in a programme like Logic, CuBase or ProTools) then its relatively simple. You supply us the original "stems" to an agreed specification (we'll obviously let you know what this is). We then need to do a relatively complex piece of work which converts those stems to MultiTrack format. The price for this is £150 per song (about $250).
If you don't have a recording of the song but can supply us with a reference track of some description (say an MP3 recording), we will record the song for you with the same professional musicians that have recorded our other backing tracks. This would cost £300 ($500) and would need to be done as part of a larger batch of songs that we are commissioning a the same time.
What's in it for you?
Once your song is in MultiTrack format it will be available for sale on our website. Assuming you own the publishing rights, you'll earn money in three ways for this:
- We will pay you a percentage commission on each sale (10% if we record the song, 30% if you supply the stems)
- You get your song "out there". Who knows who might pick it up? Once other churches start singing your song you will begin to earn royalties from CCLI
- You get the songs recorded that your church needs for its backing track portfolio
How can we help you promote your song?
For an additional payment we will work with you to promote your song. This could include:
- Your song being used as a "free track of the week" at Worship Backing Band - a brilliant way to get the song out there and also to start generating CCLI royalties
- Your song promoted on our Facebook page, in our weekly newsletter and on the Musicademy blog
- Your chance to tell the story behind the song in a specially written article for the Musicademy and Worship Backing Band websites
If you are interested please email us at [email protected]